Monday, August 07, 2006

So I got the progress bars working again, shame I broke a few other things.
Cocoa's auto-release of memory makes using threads a little more
interesting than I like, as objects frequently get released in the middle of a
child thread run.

Bindings do not play nicely with threads either, I have to force the main window to update at the end of the threads to bring the flame list up to date
after adding a new flame.

The good news is that everything bar the breeder window now renders multithreaded
with updating progress numbers (I took the bars out, and need to put them back).
The breeder window is next, it should be another

After that, I've got a few bugs raised on Sourceforge to fix, then it's
release time.

2 Comments:

ralf said...

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to the next release!

Now I only need to save up another $4500 for one of those shiny new Mac Pro Quad Xeons... :) I've been playing around with Oxidizer quite a bit, but my trusty old single-G5 becomes painfully slow when trying to render some HD animations. I'm going to need a bigger boat..

2:08 AM, August 08, 2006  
Dave said...

You should have tried it on my 800mHz G4, rendering stills from some of Electric Sheeps flames used to take hours at any decent res. The Dual Core iMac was so much betters, especially since the multi-threading code was added.

Dave

9:08 AM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home