Oxidizer finally crept out again.
This release uses the all new Core Data 'backend'. Core Data was a pleasant surprise. Once you got past all the weird and wonderful terminology and found the relevant bits of documentation it all came together with only minor hiccups, and those came from me using it in an unorthodox way creating the managed context from scratch. The end result was binding becomes simpler, I've managed to get rid of a couple of classes from the code, and a few classes from the Nib file too.
In theory I'm now slightly further forward than the last release, it should render existing flam3 files, with or without edits elements (beefpepsi's bug below) indeed beefpepsi sent me a couple links to some lovely flames rendered with Oxidizer. More importantly the code to add new genomes, xforms etc should be simpler, and may even be automatic if Core Data does what I expect and automatically sets default values when adding a new object through the NSArrayController.
Once I've added the ability to add / delete bits of the flame and finished the crude colour gradient dialogue, it might be time for a proper release.